HUBER sandfang GritWolf®
Grit trap with integrated lamella separator
- High separation efficiency of up to 75 μm
- Small footprint
- Integrated floating material separation
- Ideal for varying grit concentrations
The new HUBER Grit Trap GritWolf® is different from space-consuming aerated grit channels as it consists of an aerated and an unaerated grit trap chamber.
In the first smaller chamber the wastewater is exposed to finebubble aeration. Floatable particles rise to the water surface where they accumulate and are removed by a paddle system just before the outlet. The second chamber is unaerated and equipped with lamella units. Due to the deep flow approach and the advantages of a lamella separator, the GritWolf® reliably removes even very fine grit.
The grit trap tank is usually made of concrete, stainless steel tanks are however available as an option for smaller plant sizes. The GritWolf® can also be integrated into existing grit trap chambers. The horizontal grit conveyor, the lamella packages and the paddle system for grease removal are manufactured from corrosion-resistant materia.
The grit is removed axially from the HUBER Grit Trap GritWolf® by a time-controlled horizontal screw conveyor. Even large ‘sand dunes’ occurring under stormwater conditions (stormwater flushes) are therefore evenly dosed into the suction area of a grit pump. The grit pump delivers the grit-water mix into a HUBER Coanda Grit Washer RoSF4 that produces clean grit in a proven way, thus perfecting the entire grit treatment system.
- New wastewater treatment plants
- Grit trap refurbishment
- Pre-treatment for membrane bioreactors (MBRs)
- 95% separation of particles size ≥ 75 μm
- Small footprint and space-saving compact design
- Low pressure loss
- Regulated supply of grit to the grit pump
- Floating material separation with automatic forced removal (option)
- < 3% loss on ignition with downstream grit washing